84 Full Size Rebuild

bpmor51

New Member
This is a great information site. I have an 84 full size Bronco with a 300 six and 4 speed tranny. I have owned the Bronco for 8 years and am going to restore it. The body is in great shape, transmission and axels are fine but the engine is tired. I am going to rebuild to stock because of California emmision laws. I am looking for information about the TFI ignition. Does anybody know of an aftermarket harness that can be used to relocate the module or would I be better off changing to a Dura Spark system. Would an aftermarket ignition system be of any benifit? Thanks.
 
The question in my mind is, can you even change the ignition system and comply with California law for an on road vehicle?

Is the ignition module a square aluminum unit about 4 x 4 x 1.5 inches mounted on the left front wheel well? If so, you have a Duraspark system.

If you are staying stock with everything else, I can't see what you will gain by changing the ignition system.

That's my .02 :-"

Good luck,

:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top