84 Bronco 6" Lift Need Exteded Driveshafts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stang96gts
  • Start date Start date
S

stang96gts

Guest
Do I have to extend them right away if I take if easy and don't beat on the truck...I got the lift and don't have 300$ to put into my driveshafts right away...Also, do I need to get extended brake lines??
 
not to sure about the drive shafts but the brake lines is a yes. also if the kit didnt come with it you also need a longer lower pitman arm and i recommend dual steering stablizers
 
Depending on what rear axle you have. If you have the Ford 9" on your 84 like I do, you don't need to extend the rear ds with a 6" susp. lift, but it would be a good idea at some point if you plan to wheel it hard. If you have the Ford 8.8" you would need to get it done fairly soon, since the ds is much shorter.
AS for the brake lines, my SkyJ kit just relocated the stock lines, so I did not need to get new ones right away. I still plan on getting new ones, as mine are the original ones, and I think you get better stopping power for the bigger tires like 35's.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top