I would like to find out what other engines would bolt into my bronco? Like 302 or 351W. I have a straight 6 300, with a 3speed with overdrive manual trans. Any help would be nice. Thanks
I would think you can put anything in but you will need to get the correct wiring harness, computer, motor mounts, etc. etc. etc.
I don't know about the manual transmissions though. There is enough room under the hood for anything you can think of.
Hello you will need to change the steel motor mounts that are attached to the frame . The ones for the 300 six are special for that motor . If you go to a junk yard after the V8 ones you will need torches as there are only like 2 bolts on one and i think 3 on the other and the rest of it is attached by the acorn rivets ( must have torch or alot of patience with a grinder .) . A 351W or a 302 will bolt to your 300 six tranny but you must use a V8 flywheel or it will more than likely have a weird vibration that you wont be able to account for. ( been there ) You will also need to change the radiator because the lower radiator hose comes out the opposite side as a V8 . You should have a bigger radiator anyway for the V8 because the six radiator should be a single core and it will overheat when worked hard ( been there also ) If you really dont want to change the radiator and think it will cool it ok you can get a water pump for like a 1966 comet it is for a 302 and comes out same side as six cylinder radiator . If you really want to go this route I can get the casting number off the one I have so you can get a new one .( Many people argued with me that thye didnt make a water pump for a V8 that dumped out same side as a six but they kinda got quiet when I showed it to them.) Reason I know all this is I had a 1983 3/4 ton F250 that had exactly that combination when i got it , was fun trying to figure out what someone else had peiced together . Hope this helps .
The old small blocks lower hose was opposite the the new ones, so blade is right. A '69 ford w/351W will work also. Jeff's has new towers for a 460 swap, but are $212 a set.
Hello I just scraped that old 3/4 ton I had and I have no use for the flywheel anymore it will need to be resurfaced but it is the one you need to put a V8 against that tranny for balance reasons . Let me know if your interested in it . [email protected]
you could even put in a 460 if ya realy wanted. Although it takes special motor mounts. I think Hooker offers a swap kit that includes the motor mounts and headers specific for the swap.
Yeah, when I put the 460 in mine it took a little jimmy riggin but a 250's mounts worked and www.broncograveyard.com has a set of headers for 495.00 that will fit in the frame rail.