'82 Dual Exhaust And Headers

  • Thread starter Thread starter veniz23
  • Start date Start date
V

veniz23

Guest
Has anyone been able to convert their Broncos to true dual exhaust with aftermarket headers? I am pretty sure I can find headers to fit my '82, I am just not sure about where the 2nd exhaust pipe will go. I also want to try to hook up an x pipe or h-pipe as well as everything else. This is going to be my next project and I want to make sure it can be done before I try it. I am wanting to get Heddman Headers and add another Flowmaster , and have the exhaust exit on the drivers side the same as it does on the passenger side ( behind the rear wheels). Any Ideas?
 
Basicly that is the way my exhaust use to be hooked up. I didn't have the X pipe, but was told it probably would have been a good idea to use one. The driver side crossed over in front of the tranny then back behind it and recrosssed over to the muffler. Each pipe had a flowmaster and exited behind it's respective wheel. I have since gone back to a stock setup with a dual output muffler exiting both pipes on the passenger side, still a nice throaty sound :) .

Good luck,

:)>-
 
I have headers with true duals no h or x though. Mine go around the transfer case (not real pretty till it rusts and blends in) and the other side just like stock goes straight after that a little past the bumper.
 
So do they just go from the headers straight out the back? Bluesman17
 
since i havent lifted it yet the driver side one had to go around the transfer case and skid plate so you can see it which i dont like but didnt want to pay more than what i had to(plus it would have been an EXTREME bend if i didnt) but the pass side has a small bend and is pretty much straight. the only thing i had to do was have a nut welded in for my o2 sensor. i can get pics tomorrow if you really want
 
Not suggesting that you need a X pipe, but a cross over to the passenger side makes it doable. The X pipe is used to reduce back pressure when two consecuitive cylinders fire one after the other, ex. cyl-1 followed by cyl-3. That is more of a performance thing and not likely to make a difference in normal engine operation.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Search thru the previous forums, as I asked the same ? about my 84 a few months ago. I'm still looking for a shop that will do the pipe work, seems like no one wants to touch a custom exhaust due to smog regs here in Texas. Your best route is along the passenger side for both pipes, then split them after the t-case. I currently have the stock exhaust with a single Flowmaster, with dual exits on the passngr-side. I want headers and glasspacks...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top