D
deep420k
Guest
How do I get the pinion out with the head stripped on the lock bolt?
Actually I mean the pinion lock bolt for the differential.
Actually I mean the pinion lock bolt for the differential.
Are you serious man?BLADE262US said:)
)
) Torches
Allready have new diff, ring and pinion, and bearing shims. I meant the bolt for diff. pinion. thanks for the advice though.STLKIKN said:Sorry about your luck on this, but,
if the pinion nut is stripped, you may be screwed...
It is VERY difficult to remove the lock nut from the pinion without damaging the pinion itself.
A torch used to heat the nut may expand it enough to allow you to remove it.
If that doesn't work, you could try to section the nut with a carbide cutting tip on a dremel type tool, it is quite literally the only cutting tool small enough to reach into the yoke.
Cut the nut in three places to aid in removal.
Minor scarring of the threads shouldn't cause you too much grief, but be warned that any major damage to the threads, and you will need a new gear set.
Patience and best of luck to you, you will need it.