79 wiper delay

john

New Member
Can a wiper delay switch be installed on a two speed wiper motor 79 f350? :((
I bought a ford delay switch and it dosent work well at all on the original motor.
are there any tricks to getting it to work?


Thanks, John
 
I have tried this once in the past and it won't work right unless you get a different wiper motor and relay. I ended up finding a wiper delay box that wired into my original wiper switch. I can't remember where I got it as this was about six years ago and that project is gone. :)
 
77F150 said:
I have tried this once in the past and it won't work right unless you get a different wiper motor and relay. I ended up finding a wiper delay box that wired into my original wiper switch. I can't remember where I got it as this was about six years ago and that project is gone. :)
[snapback]16143[/snapback]​


Thanks
John
 
the motor's are the same,you need the switch and the little black box for the delay.I switched mine to delay with a box and switch off a an 85 and worked fine.look at the how to's in broncozone under easy delay wipers.
 
Can a wiper delay switch be installed on a two speed wiper motor 79 f350? :((
I bought a ford delay switch and it dosent work well at all on the original motor.
are there any tricks to getting it to work?
Thanks, John
i have a delay switch in my 79 i was awhile before i figured it out did you try turning it counterclock wise hope this helps
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top