79 spindle issue

smittys800

New Member
Morning,
My Son and I are doing a frame up on our 79 f150 4x4, and have run into a small nag.
While bolting the spindle back onto the knuckle, the axle shaft is not centered in the spindle, and will not turn freely. Cannot really tell if the spindle, stub shaft is bent or not. I have tried on both sides of the axle with the same results.
Here is our current status, little dated but you get the idea
Thanks,
Smitty
 

Attachments

  • jakes new project 076.JPG
    jakes new project 076.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
Morning,
My Son and I are doing a frame up on our 79 f150 4x4, and have run into a small nag.
While bolting the spindle back onto the knuckle, the axle shaft is not centered in the spindle, and will not turn freely. Cannot really tell if the spindle, stub shaft is bent or not. I have tried on both sides of the axle with the same results.
Here is our current status, little dated but you get the idea
Thanks,
Smitty

For those that have read the post, found the problem.
Since my powder coater did such a fine job of taping MOST things off, I did not even bother to check the lower ball joint hole. Once the coating was cleared off, all is good to go now. Just need more parts.
Hope this helps,
Smitty
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top