79 F350 Restore &Cummins Build

TheresHellToPay

When I doubt, Hammer Out.
Okay Guys, My photobucket went all crazy on me so all the pics got moved and such so I had to start a new thread. (if one of the Mods could delete the original thread that would be great.

So heres a link to my photobucket album Cummins Build

Its a lifted 79 F350
460ci Big block
16.5 rims with 44in Tires
And lots and lots on Jerry rigged crap that I have to correct.

:lol: Thanks for lookin.
 
Prepare to meet your maker!!
1008091534.jpg
 
Wow how sad. you had a great thread started. that is so sad that it is all gone..
what are you going to do to restore the frame?
 
sandblasted. then por 15 products. getting a sweep of marine clean. then a few coats of por 15 black rust preventer. then a coat of por 15 chassis saver black.

but my deal on my motor didnt work out to trade my 460 for my buddies cummins. it ended up being a 24 valve. so im pickin up a 12valve this week with 48k miles for 2 grand
 
i know nothing about diesels so excuse my ignorance. whats the difference between the 24 and 12 valve?
other than the obvious. I would think the 24 valve would be better than the 12.

Thanks.
 
12v is all manual motor and a 24v is electronic.
you can crank more hp out of a 12v for cheaper as well and u can tune it with a wrench and a screw driver lol
 
Going to pick up my cummins motor tomorrow for 2 grand. only 48k miles. with a updated p1700 fuel pump and fuel plate work and timing work :)
now i just gotta order my mounting kit. and find a dang 4x4 trans :( cuz I know that trans will not hold up to cummins haha. and its a redic amount for adapter plates. way over what i can just buy a used trans for.
 
since your trade didnt work out would you be interested in selling the 460. Hey man I feel for you , I did a full frame off on my 78 150, its alot of work but worth it in the end
 
do u need the motor and trans or just the trans?
I have a buddy who wants it as well, im going down to ohio to pick up his 79 his uncle gave to him. but the motor in it is hydro locked. so hes gunna buy mine and my trans. but for the right price ill sell it.
 
sorry i didnt get back sooner. I would definitely be willing to pay a thousand , but the problem is Im In afghanistan for the next 10 months. I couldnt pick it up til I got back so If you can sell it go ahead I know how much it takes for a project like yours. But i wanna see it when its finished.
 
nice. the engine looks huge for a inline. the exhaust mani looks small for the compression the engine probably has.
i have had many turbo gas engines but never a diesel. great pics!
 
Took a few hours and started cleaning, degrease, and sanding shit down. Got some high temp. paint and a spray gun and started going at it. was just gunna do the exhaust manifold and turbo exhuast housing. but then i said screw it and might as well do the whole block.
Tomarrow I gotta go to browns before class and get a wire wheel for my drill. gunna polish up the end of the turbo. the top tappet covers. alternator, pumps, intake manifold, and some other vairous things. then gunna go get a gloss heat temp paint and gloss some other things just so its not all just flat black. should be sweet when its done.

I dont have much time tomorrow cuz i got work then class. but wends. im gunna finish up the rest of that side. the do the other majority of the front and the whole other side. :)

1013091939.jpg

1013091939a.jpg

1013091540.jpg

1013092121.jpg

1013092121a.jpg

1013092126.jpg

1013092127.jpg

1013092127a.jpg

1013092312.jpg

1013092312a.jpg

1013092313.jpg

1013092313a.jpg

1013092322.jpg


God it looks a trillin times better already.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top