holyroller
New Member
Howdy,
I have a 79 f250 4x4 with a 30 over 460, auto tranny with gear venders under/overdrive and a c6 transfer case. I'm trying to figure out what is causing a rattle or clatter in the transfer case when I'm not accelerating. It sounds like it is coming from where the 4x4 shifter goes into the tranfer case. If I move the shifter around a bit while coasting ...well it will rattle more.
Anybody have any ideas what could be the cause...more importantly anybody know the solution?
thanks for your help
Holyroller
I have a 79 f250 4x4 with a 30 over 460, auto tranny with gear venders under/overdrive and a c6 transfer case. I'm trying to figure out what is causing a rattle or clatter in the transfer case when I'm not accelerating. It sounds like it is coming from where the 4x4 shifter goes into the tranfer case. If I move the shifter around a bit while coasting ...well it will rattle more.
Anybody have any ideas what could be the cause...more importantly anybody know the solution?
thanks for your help
Holyroller