79 f-250 300 swap to 351M

awhale

New Member
Ive bolted the 351M to my 4speed and the motor mounts on the frame dont match from my 300 and the motor is hitting the throttle cable on the fire wall i was going make new mounts on the frame till I found the problem on the fire wall My question is do I need to move the tranny foward to cleare because it is still bolted in the original location.Thanks for any help !!!
 
Ive bolted the 351M to my 4speed and the motor mounts on the frame dont match from my 300 and the motor is hitting the throttle cable on the fire wall i was going make new mounts on the frame till I found the problem on the fire wall My question is do I need to move the tranny foward to cleare because it is still bolted in the original location.Thanks for any help !!!
some trans crossmembers will bolt in front or back try turning th crossmember sround see if that don"t move you twords the frontseveral "s.
 
the 300 frame mounts are closer together and up a little higher.thee cross member is kinda hard to get wrong.you may start out wrong but before you get far things won't fit.
 
the 300 frame mounts are closer together and up a little higher.thee cross member is kinda hard to get wrong.you may start out wrong but before you get far things won't fit.
I dont really know on a haft ton but on a 3/4ton it doesnt efect much at all other than the motor mount dont line up. I have seen this first hand. Well I take that back im dealing with auto not standard trans. It will block off more pan bolts auto sandard just dont know.
 
the cross member has alot of parts to be all together.if you put one thing on wrong you won't get all the other parts on.I have found out thru trail and error.same with the mounts.they just bolt in.go to a bone yard.
 
the cross member has alot of parts to be all together.if you put one thing on wrong you won't get all the other parts on.I have found out thru trail and error.same with the mounts.they just bolt in.go to a bone yard.
This thread has went about 2 post to many your right I'm wrong end of thread on my part!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top