walkercreekbronco
New Member
I just bought a '79 F-150 for $300. It needs at least a battery, radiator, and some carb work to get it running. I was trying to determine what engine was in it. After a lot of research (Internet/old service manuals) I've determined it has some FE block in it. (I know that's not original). The older woman I bought it from knew nothing about it (her husband died a couple years ago). It has a full set of aftermarket gauges, and the swap looks like it was decently done. It looks like someone was aiming for performance, so I'm hoping it has a 390.
Question is: what would they have had to modify to get the FE to fit in this truck? (4 speed)
A friend has a '76 parts truck with a 400. Will that radiator work?
(I'm new to these trucks, although I've rebuilt an EB)
Question is: what would they have had to modify to get the FE to fit in this truck? (4 speed)
A friend has a '76 parts truck with a 400. Will that radiator work?
(I'm new to these trucks, although I've rebuilt an EB)