[email protected]
New Member
I just lifted my 1979 F-150 Long box 4" and now my rear driveline is vibrating between 45 & 50 mph and the front driveline is insanely bad! It feels like an off balance washing machine when I put it in 4 wheel drive. Before the lift the rear driveline vibrated between 50 & 55 mph but the front was smooth up to 50 mph (Hunting/chasing antelope across the muddy prairies in Montana).
I've replaced the U-joints front and rear and it still vibrates.
I think the problem is that at some point in time the previous owner of my truck didn't want to replace 3 u-joints per driveline so the cheap a*s converted it to 1 u-joint per end.
Should I have driveshafts with Cardan joints at the transfer case built up? How about Double Cardan drive shafts?
What is everyone else using on their Long box 79s with 4 of lift or better? Did anyone have to use axle shims to realign the rear pinion angles with a 4" lift?
Thanks for he help,
I've replaced the U-joints front and rear and it still vibrates.
I think the problem is that at some point in time the previous owner of my truck didn't want to replace 3 u-joints per driveline so the cheap a*s converted it to 1 u-joint per end.
Should I have driveshafts with Cardan joints at the transfer case built up? How about Double Cardan drive shafts?
What is everyone else using on their Long box 79s with 4 of lift or better? Did anyone have to use axle shims to realign the rear pinion angles with a 4" lift?
Thanks for he help,