'79 Bronco

  • Thread starter Thread starter goalie
  • Start date Start date
G

goalie

Guest
The '79 Bronco I have is slowly coming back from the dead. However, the rear window is a problem. I have checked the motor for the window and it works fine (out of the vehicle), the switch on the dash apparently does not work and the tailgate swich does not work. I read where ZIGGY gave out the part # for the switch, would anyone out there have any other info that might help.

Thanks in advance.
 
"the switch on the dash apparently does not work"

Are you sure on this one? You say the motor works out of the truck but not in. The gear in the motor may be bad. There are 3 small pieces of soft plastic in with the drive gear that over time will give out and the gear will slip while putting up you window. The motor will work fine until a load (weight of window) is added and then nothing happens. Try checking this out, replacement gear can be bought at any auto parts store for around $5.00 - $10.00. Been there, done that.
 
Most of the time it's the latch closed sensor. The window won't go up if the tailgate is not closed. If your sensor is rusted it may think the tailgate is open. I find it's more often the right side. You need to take the inner tailgate cover off and lube everything up and make sure it all works. It's been a few years, so I don't remember exactly what to do, but it's a common problem. It seems like you need to take the latch off the tailgate to service it.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top