79 Bronco T-case Conversion

  • Thread starter Thread starter JLarsh
  • Start date Start date
J

JLarsh

Guest
i have the 205 but im wondering about adapters and driveshaft length. :( is this swap possible or should i just get another 203
 
It depends on how you want to do it. I swapped my 203 for a 205, and used the 203's intermediate housing - which is shorter than a 205's intermediate housing. Because of this, I had to have my rear driveline lengthened and my front shortened. Also, because of the front's CV joint, I had to trim a rear corner on my C6's pan

While it wasn't my cheapest option, my time limitations dictated I go this route. This wasn't hard, either
 
replying to your email -

Yes, intermediate housing, as in the adapter between the tranny and Tcase


Cost for the driveline mods? Mine wasn't cheap, because I had an all-new rear driveline built for $250, but shortening the front driveline cost me about $100. But that cost will depend on where you live. Call your local driveline shop, and get prices from them
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top