79 302 To 460 Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter gasser38
  • Start date Start date
G

gasser38

Guest
Hello everybody. I'm replacing the 302 C4 combo in my 79 F150 2WD with a 460 C6 out of a 79 van. I need to buy a set of factory frame mounts and a one piece driveshaft. Anybody got any ideas? Also, I'm parting out a 79 shortbed 4X4 with a 351 and C6. Don't ask about body or interior parts because everything is shot. Thanks for the help.
 
Check with Advance Adapter (www.advanceadapters.com) and see if they sell a coversion kit that will fill your needs. I know they make a kit to put a 460 in the 78-79 Bronco's, this kit fit your needs. Otherwise, I would check the local junkyards for what you're looking for. As for your driveshaft, you may have to have one cut down or added on to make it work. This all depends on where your output sits. The C-6 came with a number of differant length output shafts and housings.
 
Most kits found to put a 460 in Bronco's won't work in a 2wd truck. 4wd frame mounts are diffirent then 2wd mounts. Do some looking around in yards it's not to hard to find 70 model trucks with a 460. Look mostly in the 3/4 and 1ton's.
 
Does anyone out there know if van mounts are the same as truck mounts? Thanks.
 
Don't quote me on this. But the small block truck mounts i have look the same as the small block Van mounts. This is only eye balling them. But if you've already got the 302 out of your truck test fit the van mounts and see.

If so make a list of the Van model and truck model and years. place it in the tech. forum to help others doing the same swap as you.
 



In my 79 f150 4x4 i used 390 mount to put my 460 in. It went in without a hitch
 
When I swapped my 302 out for my 460 my local junkyard was my best friend. Good luck man and take some pix! B)
 
I have frame mounts for a 460 into a 73 CC shortbox sitting here loose, I'm looking for a set off mounts to stuff a 351 W into that truck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top