78 F150 4WD and 79 F100 2WD

markestep85

New Member
I have a 78 F150 4WD and I'm thinking of purchasing a SOLID 79 F100 2WD with a 300 6, my question is, will I be able to transplant my 351M, transmission, transfer case, front-rear-end, suspension, and all that goes with making this F100 4WD from my F150 or will I need to do a lot of custom fabrication, I'm new to this kind of swap, the only reason I'm planning on it is because my frame is shot, and I figure this would be my only real option aside from finding another 4WD short bed any feed back on this kind of procedure would be much appriciated, you can email me info at [email protected] or just reply on here
 
I have a 78 F150 4WD and I'm thinking of purchasing a SOLID 79 F100 2WD with a 300 6, my question is, will I be able to transplant my 351M, transmission, transfer case, front-rear-end, suspension, and all that goes with making this F100 4WD from my F150 or will I need to do a lot of custom fabrication, I'm new to this kind of swap, the only reason I'm planning on it is because my frame is shot, and I figure this would be my only real option aside from finding another 4WD short bed any feed back on this kind of procedure would be much appriciated, you can email me info at [email protected] or just reply on here
you will have to buy new motor mounts and will have to use your coil springs fromyour 4x4 or buy heavy duty coil springs and will probably have to make a cross member for the transfercase to set and mount to.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top