78 F100 rough idle after carb put in

rodster

New Member
Help. I had a bad carb leak. Instead of rebuilding the carb I bought a rebuilt motorcraft 2150 from garanteed carburetor. I certainly hope this is the right replacement. I swapped out the carbs and have two left over vacuum lines. One that connected to the front top and one that connected to the front bottom. I plugged these lines. The truck starts and runs great. The only problem is I have a rough idle. I have a recent fully rebuilt motor with an RV cam, and headers. Did I perhaps not put the a proper replacement carb on the truck? What do I do with these extra vacuum lines? Will I pass CA smog next year?
 
When I changed to a different 2 barrel carb I had a rough idle too, and a huge vacuum leak, it eneded up being that the wrong spacer plate was on it and the carb was hanging off a little too far and so it leaked like crazy, once I put the right carb plate on it was fine. I also had a constant vacuum connected to my vacuum advance for the distributor so that had everything screwed up. Hope that helps, Jack
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top