78 F100 Power Steering Conversion

  • Thread starter Thread starter 4ssss
  • Start date Start date
4

4ssss

Guest
Would any one know what is involved in converting manual steering to power steering on a 1978 f100 300 c.i. w/ 3 speed manual shift on the column? The power steering gearbox is longer than the manual one and I'm wondering if I also have to switch the steering column. Thank you.
 
I have done this a few times on 2wd 73-79 f100's but I dont think it would much different. You will have to change the steering column. While you are at it you could move the shifter on the floor. My advise if you do this buy the best shifter that you're money will get you. I put an elcheapo on my 67-69-73-79-84 in-bread f100 and had nothing but trouble with it, then spent about $150 on a hurst and been doing great ever since. Soory about the rambling its boring at work.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top