'78 F-100 heater problem

spartan117_mc

New Member
I have a '78 F-100 and the heater is acting funny. Whenever it is turned on it makes a high pitched screaming noise. I've looked at many places for a replacement heater fan but the fans they have dont match mine. I have just a heater with no a/c, and the fans ive found with that description mount to the firewall from the engine compartment while mine mounts from the inside of the cab to the firewall. any suggestions?
 
spartan117_mc said:
I have a '78 F-100 and the heater is acting funny. Whenever it is turned on it makes a high pitched screaming noise. I've looked at many places for a replacement heater fan but the fans they have dont match mine. I have just a heater with no a/c, and the fans ive found with that description mount to the firewall from the engine compartment while mine mounts from the inside of the cab to the firewall. any suggestions?
[snapback]16844[/snapback]​
The heater assembly in the inside of cab will need to be removed to replace the fan motor.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top