78,F-100 4x4,390 engine swap?

I have a 78 F-100 4x4 with a 300i engine.I also have a 67 ford stationwagon with a 390 that has been setting for 29 years.I spent an hour on the 390 and got it running.I plan to rebuild it soon and was wondering what all i have to change to put it in my 78 F-100 4x4? I know i have to change the bellhousing b/c i have a 4-speed.I dont know about the motor mounts that come off of the frame,not the part that goes onto the motor.If i have to change these mounts which ones will work?And i also wasnt sure if i would have to change the oil pan?Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks!
 
those engines came stock in the older 73 up fords so getting a motor mount won't be hard just buy one for a 75 with a 390.same with the oil pan and pick up.
 
I have a 78 F-100 4x4 with a 300i engine.I also have a 67 ford stationwagon with a 390 that has been setting for 29 years.I spent an hour on the 390 and got it running.I plan to rebuild it soon and was wondering what all i have to change to put it in my 78 F-100 4x4? I know i have to change the bellhousing b/c i have a 4-speed.I dont know about the motor mounts that come off of the frame,not the part that goes onto the motor.If i have to change these mounts which ones will work?And i also wasnt sure if i would have to change the oil pan?Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks!
hello, I have a 78 ford f-100 with a 390. I am swaping the 390 for a 300 six. would you be interrested in trading parts? (bellhousing,frame mounts, throtle linkedge,oil pan) thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top