'78 Bronco Rear Window

  • Thread starter Thread starter james
  • Start date Start date
J

james

Guest
I own a 78 Bronco, its a great vehicle and in pretty good condition. I have one major complaint however, the switch on the inside of the truck that rolls up and down the rear window doesnt work; but the key switch does. Is there any ideas you guys could give me about how to make it work, I have a pretty good knowlage about wiring but this has me stumped. Any help you could give me would be great thanks.
 
James,
Replace the switch with a momentary "on-off-on" switch and then transfer the wires over from your old switch to your new switch. You may want to check the various companies (LMC, Bronco Graveyard, etc.) first that carry parts for 78-79 Broncos. The Ford P/N of the switch is D8TB-14529-AA. Ford may still carry this switch if it had more then one application.
Ziggy
 
First check that you didn't wire anything new into that circuit (like a radio). If the problem is one of the switches- replace the switch. Then (if that doesn't fix it) trace all the wires and look for one ruined or disconnected. But I'd start by checking fuses as many circuits can be half shut down by a simple fused wire. If you can't find parts contact Shawn at: [email protected].
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top