78-79 Bronco Value

4xfan78

New Member
Has anyone ever looked up (n.a.d.a.) what the value of the 78-79's are worth? Take a guess if you do not know. Good condition, a/c, 4spd, with a 400m stock, no lift.
 
for a basic, stock, good condition truck - ie, no rust, no body or interior damage, trucks runs good, clean and can pass any inpections - 2-2500 is about the average price
 
i would have to guess, low retail 5,375. average retail 14,250. & high retail 18,400.
msrp in 78 was 6,495. makes you want to buy all you can find!!!
 
broncoshell is right thats what nada.com says LOL and thats how i got the wife wanting the one i got more than me she thought is was such a good we couldn't pass it up but i would have to say 2-3000 is about right and they only made them for 2 years so the could end up being worth a pile more if they keep going to the scrap yard i have had an 81 84 91 and a 69 my 78 is by far the best yet
 
It's amazing how much those trucks are worth. I guess it's because they only made them for 2 years. I was shocked when I saw how much my 78 is worth when I got it, and only paid $400 for it and was able to drive it on the trailer. The best thing about it is that it has a/c which is needed in GA.
 
We bought a 79 a few years back, one day it had a accident took out about 12 other cars, don't ask, and the rear quarters and tail gate. The insurance guy gave us more to fix it then we actaully paid for it and that was about ten years ago. They are awesome no doubt, around here your lucky to find a decent one that doesn't need a complete make over for under 4 g's. B)
 
To the right person the 78-79 will bring the most money. I have had 5 79's now, every one I have sold has neeted me a profit of some sort. My current one I will keep for quite a while. I bought this one about 6 month's ago and it is COMPLETELY rust free except for a small spot on the tailgate. The floor pan's still have the original paint underneath the carpet and the quarter's are in excellent shape.

The best thing to do with these is to have them appraised! My 79 F250 is appraised at $18,000 and that is what it is insured for.
 
What about something that is completely customized? Do you thonk it would bring more money? I guess it would have to be the right person. I paid $1800 for mine smogged, a/c, heat, 4in lift, 35's, no rust, C6, warn hubs, 351m. I think I got a good deal. My dad even drove it home
 
wow i didnt know that they where worth so much. i have a 79 bronco that i got for $600 the body is pritty much shot but everything else works just fine.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top