I have a 78 460, just put a new edelbrock 650 thunder series carb on. I don't know what side to hook the vacume advance into. When i hook it up to the side with vacume at an idle, the engine RPM increases and the exhaust is weak sounding. The ported side seems to work ok and the exhaust sounds good.
Also a question about adjusting the timing. I set it to the factory spec. with the vacume advanced unhooked. Hooking the vacume advance up to the full vacume side of the carb sends the timing way up.
Any info on either of these questions would be appreciated.
Also a question about adjusting the timing. I set it to the factory spec. with the vacume advanced unhooked. Hooking the vacume advance up to the full vacume side of the carb sends the timing way up.
Any info on either of these questions would be appreciated.