77 ignition problem

truckin1

New Member
well i have a 79 f250 that someone has put a 77 harness and dash and coloum in which was fine until it stated dieing every once in awhile then one day it died and has never started again its gettin fuel but i cant get any spark . ive replaced every thing under the hood so if ya know anything let me know
 
I have a 77 half ton and i had the same problem and it was my brain box as you would say it is on the left side under the hood kinda on the fender piece. Hope that helps
 
if the ignition mod doesn't do it try the pickup coil in the distributor
It was the electronic box on my 75 F600. You could be driveing along and it would just quit(done it twice) and I put in a point distributior and done away with the electronic box. Haven,t had any problem since. Plus I have more power and is more dependable(to me) I do not like anything AUTOMATIOC--To me it is less safe and less dependable
 
I have a 77 half ton and i had the same problem and it was my brain box as you would say it is on the left side under the hood kinda on the fender piece.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top