77 F250 4x4 351M needs vacuum diagram

summerro

New Member
First timer here. So here is goes. I have purchased a 77 F250 with a 351M, it is a little rough around the edges but has potential. It need to get it running so that I can get it through emissions and then possibly have a crate motor installed. I have rebuilt the carburator and reinstalled it. It ran but not great. It died on me after it go warm and then would not fire. It just kept turning over. I let it cool a bit and it fired right up the first time and ran good until it got warm again and died. So in the middle of making some adjustments to the carb I must have removed a couple of vacuum hoses. Now I don't know what goes where. The Haynes book and chilton book does not give me enough info. Also, if anyone has any idea why it just dies like it does, it would be great.

Thanks
Rob
 
I just got a 78 f-250, same motor. I'll see if it has a diagram on it or if we have a book at work. Also, I'm having similar problems with an 86 chevy 1500 that someone put an edelbrock on. It dies when put into gear, it's an automatic. I'm pullin' hair. :angry:
First timer here. So here is goes. I have purchased a 77 F250 with a 351M, it is a little rough around the edges but has potential. It need to get it running so that I can get it through emissions and then possibly have a crate motor installed. I have rebuilt the carburator and reinstalled it. It ran but not great. It died on me after it go warm and then would not fire. It just kept turning over. I let it cool a bit and it fired right up the first time and ran good until it got warm again and died. So in the middle of making some adjustments to the carb I must have removed a couple of vacuum hoses. Now I don't know what goes where. The Haynes book and chilton book does not give me enough info. Also, if anyone has any idea why it just dies like it does, it would be great.

Thanks
Rob
 
That would be great if your book has a diagram....Let me know what you find out.

I feel your frustration with the chevy......If I could get mine running long enough, I am going to drive it down to a place in town here and have a crate motor dropped in it. I might have fuel injection installed as well but for now it is going to be carborated.

Thanks
 
I get the Ford when I finish the Chevy. And I have to sell the Jeep, Duster, and 22R. Sheesh....

That would be great if your book has a diagram....Let me know what you find out.

I feel your frustration with the chevy......If I could get mine running long enough, I am going to drive it down to a place in town here and have a crate motor dropped in it. I might have fuel injection installed as well but for now it is going to be carborated.

Thanks
 
I get the Ford when I finish the Chevy. And I have to sell the Jeep, Duster, and 22R. Sheesh....

Sorry it has taken me this long to read stuff from march. If you haven't figured it out on the stalling problem, it is the coil. Replace it. Had the same prob with my 300 I6. Soon as it warmed up, started buckin like a bronco!! Then it wouldn't run at all, until it cooled off. Finally replaced the coil. Fixed the problem.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top