75 Ford F-250 High Boy/79 Bronco

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wild_Indin
  • Start date Start date
W

Wild_Indin

Guest
I have been searching and searching, but I have not found 2 parts that I need. One is for the highboy, it is a gas tank. Ya that simple. As you all might know, the frame on the highboy is a lil narrower than your average kick ass ford. If you know where I can get one CHEAP, please let me know. Ok the other part is for my 79 Bronco. I have a 351M, with a manual setup in my bronc. What I need is kind of hard to explain but here goes..., This part BOLTS onto the bellhousing of the transmission with a tranny bolt. Most parts usually just have a ball that sits there but I need the bracket with the ball for the clutch linkage. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please let me know. I've been lookin around for a long time. It's a hard part to find. Thanks! b-(
 
Ha... yeah, the gas tank. I had one behind the seat. So I'm a little different after all those fumes. I think you can still get those from JC whitney. Otherwise its custom time. I had one installed just behind my hitch. It holds almost 30 gallons and cost about 500 bucks... ouch.
 
I found a website once that had special tanks for the ol highboys, I have a 75, I can't remember the site, but if you google ford highboys 4x4 tanks, I think thats how I found it. I don't know if its going to be cheap though, but then again I wouldn't want to skimp on a gas tank.
your second problem with the linkage on your bellhousing, if its the same as the one on my old beater, I had gotten a kit once from a ford house. I know that sounds weird, but if you can find a good ol ford house the guys can find you the part you need. I have found out that there are a bunch of ford houses in certain areas of the US that stock pieled these parts, and a good ford house parts guy can find out where they are located.

hope this helps

Wild_Indin said:
I have been searching and searching, but I have not found 2 parts that I need. One is for the highboy, it is a gas tank. Ya that simple. As you all might know, the frame on the highboy is a lil narrower than your average kick ass ford. If you know where I can get one CHEAP, please let me know. Ok the other part is for my 79 Bronco. I have a 351M, with a manual setup in my bronc. What I need is kind of hard to explain but here goes..., This part BOLTS onto the bellhousing of the transmission with a tranny bolt. Most parts usually just have a ball that sits there but I need the bracket with the ball for the clutch linkage. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please let me know. I've been lookin around for a long time. It's a hard part to find. Thanks! b-(
[snapback]13873[/snapback]​
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top