'73 highboy parking brake cable

babb

New Member
I am looking for the rear parking brake cables for a 1973 highboy with front drums. I tried the available cables for this vehicle with front discs and they are different. I haven't been able to locate a source, new or otherwise for these cables. Any advice?
 
Yes sir, I ordered one from them that they said was supposed to fit. The inside cable was too long by about 8 inches and the spring (inside the drum) was too short by about 3 inches. They said that it is the one that their book calls for, but it is for disc brake model. They could not offer any other.
 
I am looking for the rear parking brake cables for a 1973 highboy with front drums. I tried the available cables for this vehicle with front discs and they are different. I haven't been able to locate a source, new or otherwise for these cables. Any advice?


I just replaced the parking brake cables on my 75 highboy that has 4-wheel drums. NAPA had a set for a 76 that worked. What LMC and NAPA show for my pickpup were not the right length and the fitting on the drum end was different. Hope this helps. If I can find the receipt, I'll email the part number.
 
If you can find the receipt, that would be great. I am unable to measure because I do not have the old cables. Sounds like you may have the answer. Thanks in advance.
 
If you can find the receipt, that would be great. I am unable to measure because I do not have the old cables. Sounds like you may have the answer. Thanks in advance.

NAPA said their part number is 95143. My pickup is a 3/4 ton so don't know if that makes any difference. These were exactly what I took off and fit fine except I had to add a spacer at the equalizer rod to take up the slack when I set the brake. Ran out of threads when I turned down the adjustng nut so needed the spacer. A pipe nipple, washers, and nuts to hold it in worked just fine.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top