73 F250 Camper Special - Headers?

All the headers I've seen for 1973 F250/390 say "will not fit camper special". Anyone know of a source for headers
for this truck? Thanks, Bill.
 
looks like a conflict with the suspension setup to carry the extra weight. all the little captions also say right after the camper special, "or vehicles equipped with a front sway bar"
 
what about finding shorty headers and just making the pipes after the collector make up for suspension clearance issuses?
 
I agree; I think it's the suspension that's the problem.

Shorty headers? I'm sort of ignorant about this stuff. The original headers on this truck are badly designed and eat gaskets
like candy; they also tend to crack due to the high heat. I'm just looking for something less troublesome. (If I got a couple extra MPG it wouldn't hurt my feelings though.) I expect I could have an exhaust shop make pipes if I had to. Any recommendations for shorty headers?
 
Summit answered my email saying that they don't know of any headers that will fit my truck. I emailed again asking of this is due to the tanks or the suspension.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top