73 F250 390 MT - Dashpot?

I have trouble with my truck stalling when it's not fully warmed up and I stop at an intersection. Once I restart it, it idles just fine. It eventually warms up enough so that it does not die at intersections, but it takes a LONG time. As the choke plumbing was missing when I bought it, I converted to manual - but I hate to drive with the choke on once the truck will idle smoothly without it. Of course, the preheater tin was gone when I bought the truck. I was thinking the dashpot was bad. When I looked to check it, I discovered it doesn't have one. Is it supposed to?

1973 F250 390 Motorcraft 2BBL (from original 360 engine) Camper Special
 
Thanks - I have the same experience looking at Shucks and Autozone - they do list one. I don't see a mounting spot on my carb, though. I may just have to order one and see what it looks like. Or maybe visit a junk... er "auto recycler" to see if I can find one to look at.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top