7.3L Diesel Performance

94n/a7.34x4

New Member
I posted this topic in general discussion before I saw this section, so I'm posting it here because I hope to get more responses. Anyway, I own a 1994 F-250 4x4 with a 7.3L diesel(no turbo or powerstroke) and I was wondering if there were any parts out there to add a little performance to this engine. It has pretty good pep already, but it definately needs a little more. Please respond to this post, any information will be greatly appreciated.
 
94n/a7.34x4 said:
I posted this topic in general discussion before I saw this section, so I'm posting it here because I hope to get more responses. Anyway, I own a 1994 F-250 4x4 with a 7.3L diesel(no turbo or powerstroke) and I was wondering if there were any parts out there to add a little performance to this engine. It has pretty good pep already, but it definately needs a little more. Please respond to this post, any information will be greatly appreciated.
[snapback]16931[/snapback]​

TURBO is it, That is about all anyone will tell you. I have a 91 F250 4x4 Diesel, ATS TURBO. A friend of mine drove it after he put in my seat and said he would put my truck against any POWERSTROKE anyday.
 
I agree with the Turbo idea. I have a '94 F-250 7.3 Turbo Diesel (IDI / non-powerstroke). I drove several non turbo models before I purchased this one and there is a huge difference. The 7.3 was know to be a little sluggish before Ford added the Turbo. It's probably the least invasive way to get a substantial gain in performance.
 
I have a 1991 F-350 with the 7.3 IDI non turbo/powerstoke Diesel. Does anybody know what it should cost to add a turbo and where this can be done? Will this cause any problems with the vehicle and/or stress the drive train. Thanks
 
I posted this topic in general discussion before I saw this section, so I'm posting it here because I hope to get more responses. Anyway, I own a 1994 F-250 4x4 with a 7.3L diesel(no turbo or powerstroke) and I was wondering if there were any parts out there to add a little performance to this engine. It has pretty good pep already, but it definately needs a little more. Please respond to this post, any information will be greatly appreciated.

Add a good Ford tuner, exhaust pipe, exhaust system, and air intakes. That should do the trick. Well of course every time you upgrade your truck, check the other parts if those are still usable or for optimum use with the added power.
 
I have a 99 7.3L F-250, and I'd like to see if I can increase the mpg's. I really don't care about increasing my horsepower that much - that's not what I bought a diesel for, but that's all that seems to be advertised. I currently get around 18 mpg - what kind of increase could I expect with a chip? Also, will the chip negatively affect the lifetime of the engine or transmission?
 
Friends can be classified into two kinds, good friends and evil friends. Evil friends lead us astray and may destroy our life, while good ones drive us towards the right and make our life successful.
Two of them exist in our daily life. However, ideal friends exist in people's mind. They should be diligent, successful and loyal. new york asian escort When you need help, they will stand beside you and be delighted to give you a hand. Also you can share your happiness and new york asian escorts sorrow together.
In my opinion, friends can share something but they also should keep their own secrets. So I wish my friends wouldn't interfere in my new york escort privacy too much. On the other hand, my friends should have Something in common with me, at the same time something special. new york escorts In this way we can attract each other and learn from each other.
Time is the most valuable for people, because you can never own it again after it goes. When I was little child, my parents always told me that I should tresure my time. However, I seldom trusted in them because I thought that I just a little kid and I have plenty of time. But after I went to middle school, I changed my view. I spend all the day in school, having classes, and after class, I have to spend some time in study. That is to say, I do not have much time to play. Therefore, I realize that time is valuable and I should make a good plan for my life, so that I can live a rich life.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top