7.3L Conversion

Robocon39

New Member
I'm new to this forum but, I'm interested in converting a 7.3L turbo diesel into a 79 F-150. Has anyone done this before? Does anyone offer motor mounts for this application? I have not done the measurements, but if you can put a 460 in a F-150 I don't see why a 7.3L won't fit. Please let me know if anyone has any information about this topic. I'm in the pre planning stages right now, I'd like to see this work. Thanks.
 
I knew of a guy that put a cummins 6 cylinder in his 76 ford 1 ton dually, and he said that he was going to put the international in but there were size issues. I don't know how correct this info is, but I thought I'd pass it on to you anyway.
 
Thanks for the information, I did a little measuring and the 7.3 is a little big to fit under the hood.


jake_262 said:
I knew of a guy that put a cummins 6 cylinder in his 76 ford 1 ton dually, and he said that he was going to put the international in but there were size issues. I don't know how correct this info is, but I thought I'd pass it on to you anyway.
[snapback]16730[/snapback]​
 
There is a reason that Ford only offered the 7.3 in 3/4 ton and 1-ton trucks and that is the weight of the engine. You may get it in the engine bay but your front suspension, brakes, rear end and tires may not be adequate. Start with a 3/4 ton with dual piston front discs. Also the '78-'79 3/4 ton 4x4 had the steering box forward and above the frame, giving the most room in the engine bay of all the '73-'79 trucks.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top