69 Bronco Weak Steering Box

BrushBuster

New Member
My steering box is junk, and I need a new one, or need mine rebuilt. The tires are cranked hard to the right and I can't turn them at all, and It is stuck about a mile out in a mosquito infested swamp in a foot of water. And it's still there.

How much work is it to swap out the box if i have a new one? Or should I baja out with the good truck and drag it in?

Like i said the mosquitos were horrible, and i didn't tear into it much. I just know the boxes in them are weak, I'm just looking for advice.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'd like to convert it to power steering.
 
Oh man I know what you're talking about. You better get yourself a bottle of "OFF" first. Then if it is a box then its easily replaceable, same as the pump if thats whats going on. Are the steering linkages straight?
I
you better get some parts and get out there before someone else does!
66-77 broncos don't last long in the woods by themselves! :blink:
 
I know where your coming from!!! I think i would try to get it out. take the linkage loose at the pitman arm to turn the tires. get some deepwoods off & go get her...
good luck!!!
 
You need to jack up the front end, strap the suspension so it doesn't hang down and attached the front end to the rear bumper of the pick-up. Or can you get a tow dolly back there? I had to use one and it stayed behind me on some nasty trails. It got throught he tight tree areas but its light enough to manouver by hand so its not bad.
 
That would be a good Idea. I could go up town and rent a tow dolly, hook it behind another mud truck, and I'll still have my back wheels of the bronco to help push. If all else fails that is what I'll do.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top