'69 302 Electronic Ignition Conversion

I went with Petronix Ignition is the way to go. Easier start up and betting running with a bit more power from what I felt. The kit is $80-100 I believe.
 
Thanks. I went with the Ignitor II kit. It's on the way. When you installed the kit, did you also install a new coil? With this kit, is the ballast resistor required, or can you just run a high performance coil?
 
On my 289, I installed the provided parts. Set the gap with the supplied "tool", checked the timing, and that was it.
The Ignitor II instructions show you how to wire with or without the ballast.
 
Ive got a 66 with a 67 289. I went with the Davis Unified Ignition (DUI). Give them a call tell em what you got and whats in it. They test it and send the entir unit ready to drop in. All the components are in the distributor. Nothiing to mount and clutter your engine compartment. All you have to do is run 12v to it. Awesome product. About $325.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top