68 Bronco

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Well, good news... I thought I had low oil pressure (30# running). I did a oil change with the same rusults (30# running). As I about gave up I smacked the gauge and it went up to 50#. b-( I knew the Fonze taught me something...
Does anyone know if the sticky gauge can be fixed or should I get a new one?

:unsure:
 
Those gages are a bit old. You can remove it & see what it's catching on BUT it's like "working on a watch" !
I prefer installing a mechanical gage for a more accurate reading. The orig. one may just clear itself one day.
Bob
 
so what is the oil pressure supposed to be? when i driving in third gear its about 25 to 30 #'s is that not right?
 
Good oil pressure is about 50-60# running 2000 RPM's or higher. Mine will drop to 40# at idle. 25# is getting down there. You should replace the engine oil and add a engine treadment (thickoil stuff)and see if it improves. Or get another gauge as I had to do. The oil pump might need to be changed.
 
Alright i'll look into to the oil pump because the gauge is brand new.

Thanks
 
just keep hittin it. it may not be the gauge it may be the wiring shorting out cuz my gas gauge did that and sometimes i wish it was telling the truth
 
Its not the stock oil pressure gauge, its aftermarket. I don't think its in the wiring since after I tap the gauge it goes to 60# then sticks again on 30# when I shut the engine off. Do you think I can spray some WD-40 in there and clean it out? Seems like some crap is stuck in there.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top