67'ford F100 Gas Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter bGILLEN1
  • Start date Start date
B

bGILLEN1

Guest
I'm tired of smelling gas all the time inside my cab, so i want to pull the stock tank ouy, and mount a tank up under the far end of the bed, also i need to add a lap belt with a shoulder belt. Tennessee has a belt law now that you have to wear a seatbelt all the time, but the police look at me alll the time because the older trucks only come with the lap belts.
 
CAN'T HELP YOU ON THE GAS TANK, I LIVE IN MISSISSIPPI AND THEY HAVE THE SAME LAW, BUT IS ON AUTO'S 85 & ABOVE... HELL THE STATE OF LOUISIANA HAS A SEAT BELT LAW BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR A HELMENT WHILE RIDING A MOTORCYCLE. MAN WHAT A LAW!!! YOU NEED TO CHECK WITH THE POLICE & SEE WHAT THEY SAY... GOOD LUCK!!!
 
Re-mounting the gas tank is a good idea and can be done. You could start by measuring the distance between your frame rails. then subtract a couple inches for clearance. It will probably be best to mount it behind the rear axle and clear of it. Shoulder belts suck-- you don't want them. Plus, I knew someone who was in a wreck with shoulder belts and almost got decappitated (head cut off at neck) by it. Not to mention if you have a high speed rollover and the roof caves the wrong way the shoulder belt will crush you to death. Race cars mount cross or "X" type seat belts usually to the seat. I'm gonna' research these sometime for my '77.
 
bGILLEN1 said:
I'm tired of smelling gas all the time inside my cab, so i want to pull the stock tank ouy, and mount a tank up under the far end of the bed, also i need to add a lap belt with a shoulder belt. Tennessee has a belt law now that you have to wear a seatbelt all the time, but the police look at me alll the time because the older trucks only come with the lap belts.
[snapback]7534[/snapback]​
we have the same law with lapbelts in Texas but since the cops know its an old truck they never stop me for it. As for the gas tank, i've been through that. I have a 1970 F-1 and I put a gas tank from a 84F-1. I mounted it behind the rear end. Note; my truck is a longbed.
 
well, it has taken a while to get this back in here, i bought a gas tank kit for a 67 to 70 mustang and made a frame to go around the tank and mounted the frame(gas tank) To the frame of the truck and put in new fuel line and electric fuel pump and pulled the stock tank out of the cab and have not had any problems.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top