'65 F100-unknown engine

juanchostruck

New Member
I just started working on my father-in-laws truck. He passed away and left me no info as to the truck. I know it's a 1965 F100, but on the side door, under transmission it has the letter "N" and the engine is a V-8, but seems more like a 292 than a 352, which was the only V-8 available in '65. I am not sure what's going on. I doubt the engine was swapped out, but I could use some help. Any help or references to somebody that could help would be great.
Thanks
 
To identify the engine-- look on the right rear side of the block-- right above the starter and facing the ground (or the bottom of the engine). There is a number code cast into the block (in raised metal letters and numbers). If the first letter is "C" it's a 60's block, "D" would be 1970's, etc. The second number is the last number of the decade ("C9" would be: 1969). If you email the whole code to Shawn at: [email protected] I can help decipher the rest of the code if you're still interested.
 
I just started working on my father-in-laws truck. He passed away and left me no info as to the truck. I know it's a 1965 F100, but on the side door, under transmission it has the letter "N" and the engine is a V-8, but seems more like a 292 than a 352, which was the only V-8 available in '65. I am not sure what's going on. I doubt the engine was swapped out, but I could use some help. Any help or references to somebody that could help would be great.
Thanks
It possibly could be a 302 like the f-100 1969 have?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top