6 speed transmission

79-4x4

New Member
CAN I PUT A 6 SPEED OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION ON MY 79 150?
IT HAS A 351M WITH THE GRANNY 4 SPEED.




P.S.

WHAT IT THE DIFFERANCE IN A 351M AND A 351C?
 
WHAT IT THE DIFFERANCE IN A 351M AND A 351C

deck height & rear bolt pattern...except for some early 400's in cars w/ the small bolt pattern.
 
79-4x4 said:
CAN I PUT A 6 SPEED OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION ON MY 79 150?
IT HAS A 351M WITH THE GRANNY 4 SPEED.
P.S.

WHAT IT THE DIFFERANCE IN A 351M AND A 351C?
[snapback]16893[/snapback]​
I doubt that your going to find a 6 speed tranny made for your truck, I mean you could probably find one from a cobra mustang and have it mechined to fit your application, but the gear ratios aren't made for truck applications. If you have a stock 351 in your truck then its a modified, or a windser, I belive eighter way you could transplant the cobra tranny in there, but you would have to have a new shaft, or have the original one mechined, and I would talk to someone at a tranny shop to see what gearset would be best, plus you would have to find a kit for mouting it to your crossmember, and have your driveshaft shortend, but if you have a 4x4, thats a new can of worms
the differance between a 351 m and a 351 C is that the 351 C was a small bore/long stroke motor to be more big blockesh, and the 351 M is the best of both worlds, it was sappose to take the good aspects of the 351 C and combine them with the 351 windser, thats why allot of parts from the 351 C are interchangable with the 351 C and 400 M, hope this is helpfull
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top