5 Point Harnesses

freak

New Member
Installed my new harnesses.

getfile.php
 
You need a roll bar or some type of stable bar to mount the shoulder harnesse up higher raither that down low on the floor. If you was to roll it the way there mounted it'll put more down ward pressure on your body and can compress your vertibras/spine.
 
Hey Freak, nile interior shot with the harnesses!!!

I agree with TXQH, though, about mounting the shoulder belts high. If you have seen the T.V. show Trucks! lately, Stacy was just talking about that very topic. As your body tries to move forward, the floor-mounted belts will pull downward on your spine (vertebrae) and can compress it , maybe even hurt your back. The best mounting point is behind and above you on a roll bar mount, so the belts just hold your body back to the seat. That's also how I plan to mount mine when I get the cage kit put in next month. My $0.02!!!
 
I already rolled my old Bronco with this setup and was ok.

getfile.php


But you guys are both right,I will be getting a 10 point cage in this one shortly and I'm going to have a bar installed behind the seats at the proper height for the shoulder straps to mount.
 
It's a 78,I got a 9" Skyjacker of lift,ladder bars,38.5" tires,very built 400 with a race prepped C6 tranny.I have a full describtion of it in the Broncozone feature truck section.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top