4x4 tire size

you should have no problems with 31's on a stock suspension. if you go any bigger you might have clearance issues.
 
On 79 and older f-150s your can run a 33x12.50 on it at stock height.THe trouble is when you turn sharp teh tire will hit the radius arm and rub.With a 2in body you can run 35x12.50 no problem other than it hitting the radus .but you have plenty of cleance is you sink to the tire up in the wheel well while 4 wheeling.I stepped my 77 up to 6inches of lift and had 38x15.50 super swampers on it.It was close in the front but it cleared ok.My on problem was it rubbed the raduis arms on sharp turns and the ps front tire would rub the hear on that side.I have the l&l headers that come out ove the frame rails.But I stepped back down to a 35.in tir once I wore out the 38s.Didnt need that big a tire.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top