4x4 Swap

bigbad79

New Member
everyone asks the same 4x4 swap questions and get the same answers but i feel mine are somewhat different. my 03 ranger edge is 2wd. i know how hard it is to swap with stock drivetrain but what if i went with a 5.0 and re-did the whole drivetrain including motor, trans, and t-case. then in my case the rest of the project is just mounting leaf springs and an axle up front. the motor swap seems easier in the long run but if anyone disagrees i'm open for ideas....
 
302's are pretty easy to put in the rangers a body lift helps,351's have to have the body lift and you'll have to cave in the heater box a litttle.
I've done these swaps numerous times in the rangers and the info is easy to find,try james duff
as for the 4x4 I'd find an old bronco drivetrain and adapt it to your truck.I used to have a ranger that had the 9" 44 drive train out of one but I rolled it.neither is a weekend project so find something else to drive.
good luck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top