4x4 Problem

photonel

New Member
[-o<

I have a 1994 Bronco XLT with the push button 4X4. When I try to engage it the light comes on but my front hubs do not lock in. I had one shop look at it and from what they are saying is that the signal goes from the switch to one relay then to a second relay but after that it gets lost.

Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is???

1994 Bronco XLT 5.0 V8
 
I have a '93 Bronco Eddie Bauer that, when you push the button, the battery dims like the motor is engaging the four wheel drive, but the light doesn't come on, and the four wheel drive doesn't engage. I think the motor is gone.

In reading things on this post, it seems that the best type of hubs to have are the manual hubs. If you have automatic locking hubs, i guess they have alot of issues. So the four wheel drive may be engaging on your bronco, but the hubs aren't locking. Try swapping the automatics out for manual hubs, thats the cheapest way to start. Try the Bronco Graveyard for parts.
 
The automatic hubs are just a mechanical device and get no signal. I think that in the owners manual it tells how to engage them ... Something like one full revolution of the tires in reverse then you are good to go. I would change to manual hubs, I did it and am happy everytime I need the 4x4.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top