mynameismatt
New Member
I tried searching but I havent come up with much as its hard to describe in a few key search words... but here's whats going on...
besides having new manual lockouts in front, the truck is stock. A couple months ago I was getting back onto the road from a field (didnt unlock the hubs, it was a straight road for a mile to my friends) and noticed the ass end of the truck felt like it was bouncing a bit, and the front was dipping down.
What is felt like was the front driver side wheel wasnt spinning as fast as the other three...
Fast forward to a few days ago. I was driving through the snow on the roads and the bouncing came back and the ass end of the truck kept wanting to slide out to the right, as if the front left wheel was slowing down trying to make the truck spin. sounds wierd but this is the best way to describe it.
One last thing... this same night when I would brake the front left wheel would clunk really bad once per rotation of the tire and shake the whole truck. My guess is some of the gears in the front diff are stripped out causing it but I don't know that much about differentials.
any help would be greatly appreciated!!
p.s. I have a thread in the introductions forum with a little about me and the truck with a pic. thanks again
besides having new manual lockouts in front, the truck is stock. A couple months ago I was getting back onto the road from a field (didnt unlock the hubs, it was a straight road for a mile to my friends) and noticed the ass end of the truck felt like it was bouncing a bit, and the front was dipping down.
What is felt like was the front driver side wheel wasnt spinning as fast as the other three...
Fast forward to a few days ago. I was driving through the snow on the roads and the bouncing came back and the ass end of the truck kept wanting to slide out to the right, as if the front left wheel was slowing down trying to make the truck spin. sounds wierd but this is the best way to describe it.
One last thing... this same night when I would brake the front left wheel would clunk really bad once per rotation of the tire and shake the whole truck. My guess is some of the gears in the front diff are stripped out causing it but I don't know that much about differentials.
any help would be greatly appreciated!!
p.s. I have a thread in the introductions forum with a little about me and the truck with a pic. thanks again