4cylinder to v8 swap

rednck7736

New Member
I have done this in an 84 I use to have.Swapped the carb v6 for a v8.I want to do this in my 96.But I want to keep it fuel injected.I have seen it done before.But I am not sure If they used the computer out of the donor vehicle or what.I don't to buy an aftermarket fuel injection when I am able to take it all off a donor vehicle.Cause I hate the damn 4 banger thats in it.I will be happy to trad 21 mpg for 14 or 15 mpgs with a v8 and 5 speed.Any ideas would be greatly hopefully.I know where to get all the mounting stuff.I am just not sure about the computer part.
 
Rickey- I'm not 100% sure but i think youre going to need the computer from the donor vehicle because you'll the computer thats designed to work with cam. Maybe someone can tell you more.
 
I was kinda figuring I would need the donor care computer.I had seen a truck on e-bay once like mine that they done this too.All the dash gauges and everything worked just like factory and thats what I want.He took the donor motor and everyting under the hood out of the out of a v8 explorer and planted it in the ranger..I am just wondering if anyone knows how does the factory computer from the explorer would hook up in the ranger?
 
For your application . Most use the stang v8 harness ecu. You will have to do some repining of harness.

There where harnesskits out there to do this but I couldn't find when I searched .
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top