460 swap

shaun000

New Member
I have a 1977 F-150. It had a 351M. with a C6. Now Im putting in a 460. I want to use the same transmission. What all needs changed for the trans to work?
 
I have a 1977 F-150. It had a 351M. with a C6. Now Im putting in a 460. I want to use the same transmission. What all needs changed for the trans to work?
the 351/M/400 is a big block as is the 460 the trans is the same the only thing i can think you might have to change is the trans kick down but it should work Did the 351/M have a 2 bbl carb The 460 will be a 4 bbl set up so like i said the trans kick down might need to be changed you will most likely need to adj the throtle linkage as it will be longer for the 351/M due to the 2 bbl carb
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top