460 Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter TANK88
  • Start date Start date
T

TANK88

Guest
Sorry started post in wrong spot. I'm putting a 460 out of a 79 F150 into an 88 Bronco. Im looking for any tips that I can get.

thanks for the info
 
You can still run an electrical fuel pump if it is powerful enough. Is the swap OK with your smog laws.
 
The only reason I asked is because your putting an engine that is older than your Bronco in your Bronco which is illegal in California and some other states. To use the electric fuel pump just block off the mechanical pump area with a block off plate.
 
I also put a big block in an 88'! I changed the pickup in the tank and used a man. fuel pump. You can probably use the elec. but you'll probably have to run a pressure regulator.

Tip:DO NOT BUY ALUMINUM PULLEYS... they will NOT last !(V-groove at least,don't know bout serpintine) :angry: :mad:
motor mounts and headers from L&L are bichin,never had a problem w/ either one...goin on 12 years now! :D
I used one of them K&N filter top thingys to get max air widout usin a tall filter.
Put black tape over check engine light. ;)
Can't member what else... Email me if you run into any snags and i'll try to help if I can.
 
Thanks for the info, already have order into L&L. Do you remeber if you used stock ignition or if you had to buy aftermarket. I haven;t come to that hurdle yet but I have been told that there could be some issues there.
 
I went with MSD 6AL. L&L made a big deal bout the pulleys and brackets... but I don't think you need them. Definitely not the pulleys,they are underdrive but as I said, they start squeeling and the grooves get wallered out. If you have a complete motor w/ access. brackets, you should be good to go.
Motor mounts,headers,rear sump oil pan,and oil filter relocater...I believe those are the main issues.

If you have questions, email me as I only get on the computer a couple times a week, but my wife checksthe email perty reglar!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top