460 Motor Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter broncocowboy90
  • Start date Start date
B

broncocowboy90

Guest
I'm looking for any info on putting a 460 carb motor and a c6 in a 90 bronco. Such as the electric fuel pump in the tank, the electric transfer case, hooking up gauges to the 460, what about the drive shafts lenghts? Thanks for any info.
Eric
 
you might want to put a larger fuel pump on their to feed that big 460. also I would put an NP205 transfer case in their and get rid of that electronic case. you probably will need a different gauge for your thermostat. and im almost positive the drive shaft should be ok.
 
old topic, but what the hell...

You'll need to get a bunch of bolt-on pieces - frame perches, motor mounts, exhaust, radiator, all the engine accessories that came with the 460, a big block trans... all kinds of fun

It's been done several times, but it's not a drop-in swap
 
Heh, I know they help sponsor this site, so don't take this wrong, but not everyone has the money it takes, to buy parts at BGY's prices.

In all honesty, all the parts needed for this swap, can be found in junkyards
 
Actually even though JBG does help us out with lots of the traffic we get I try my hardest to not to be too biased.

I agree that you can find all of these parts in junk yards, I was just mentioning that JBG was an option. The prices on some of the L&L products that JBG has are quite expensive, I should have qualified my post with that info.

I'll crawl back into my cave now ;)
 
I never did understand why L&L's prices were so high, but I think it's ridiculous, no matter who sells it.

http://performanceunlimited.com/customprod...nginemount.html These prices are a little more reasonable, but don't offer anything for headers or engine accessories, since not everyone is able to buy a complete engine for their swap. Over the last several months, I've SLOWLY been working on making accesory brackets for these swaps, since I really don't like mine at the bottom of the engine - that's how it came stock - and would rather everything - York air compressor, PS pump, alt - be above the centerline of the engine
 
I HAVE JUST COMPLETED INSTALLING A 460 IN MY 79 BRONCO. I USED THE L&L MOTOR MOUNT'S THAT BOLTED IN WITH NO PROBLEM. AS FAR AS THE FUEL PUMP IT IS THE MANUEL PUMP THAT SUPPLIES A 650 DUEL PUMPER. I HAVE PLENTY OF GETTI-UP.
 
Engine Swap 351/302 to 460 in a 90 Fullsize/Bronco (prices are approx, and assume you have a donor 460/C6 Trans)

Engine Swap Mounts $120 (JBGY)
Headers (83-87 F-series 4x4, non-EFI) $140 (Summit)
Oil Pan& Pickup (Ford) $150 (I think, cant find my notes)
Pulley/Bracket Kit (March) $850 (Personally, I would modify/adapt stock parts, but thats your choice)
Pressure Regulator (summit) $100 (allows use of Hi-pressure elec pump with Carb)

Roughly $1360, not including revamping the driveshafts (unless you have a long output shaft C6)

For the gauges you will need the proper sending units oil & temp (they can come off the old motor)

The Electric T-case will operate as before
 
Right away, $950 can be cut from that budget... donor engine would have it's own belts, pulleys and brackets, and there's no need for a pressure regulator, when the stock fuel pump would still be bolted onto the engine. However, if that person was insistent on using the Bronco's stock fuel pump, then I would agree on the pressure regulator.

Aside from the motor and trans mounts, the rest can be had either used, or on ebay for fairly reasonable prices

But I notice this character hasn't been back to comment on this, so who knows what happened
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top