460 cam?

I Looking for some input. I have a 460 (DIVE-6015-a2 block and D3VE a2a heads) and unfortunately a flat cam. It's bored 30 over and the heads are off a 429 but I don't think there's any thing special about them ( if there is let me know). I want a cam that is good trough out the low end but I like to put the squeeze on her every now and then so not all low end. So if any one has any suggestions I would appreciate it. O ya stock intake and exhaust #@*& headers I'm to pour to buy the good ones :)
 
hell yah theres a difference in the 429 heads. your talking 2 or 3 points in compression. you need to find out if you got cobra jet or thunder jet motor heads. 71 thunder jet had 11.23.1 or something like that. your compression ratio makes a big difference on your cams performance. you can handle a bigger cam. I'd check doug herbert, there the cheapest I've found and of good quality.www.DougHerbert.com or #1-800-444-7373
 
actually your heads are not anything special, d3ve castings were used on 460s and 429s, the chambers are around 95-97cc
 
go with a cam that u can run a stock or close to stock converter .and a cam with at least a .500" lift a 220 degrees of duration.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top