429 swap

429 1ton

New Member
I have a 79 ford f-350 man tranny I am putting a 429 in, in all the swap kits they say body lift required, but I am not putting in a stupid body lift, I have seen a for 460 conversion were they just cut out the center floor pan and raised it do I need to do that or more? I have the motor on the frame but not the cab Thanks
 
429 1ton said:
I have a 79 ford f-350 man tranny I am putting a 429 in, in all the swap kits they say body lift required, but I am not putting in a stupid body lift, I have seen a for 460 conversion were they just cut out the center floor pan and raised it do I need to do that or more? I have the motor on the frame but not the cab Thanks
[snapback]16406[/snapback]​

What swap kits are you looking at? Because the L&L kits dont list it being needed. The ones i've seen in person didn't need a body lift for the L&L kit. Try www.LandLproducts.com
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top