400m out 351w in?

loud_pipes_77

New Member
i want to take out my stock 77' 400 and put in my fresh 351w the windsor is out of my 84 ford bronco i think it will drop right in but im not sure
 
you'll need a transmission.the bell housings are differant.I belive that summit or jegs carries an adapter plate to use bb ford with sm blk ford,and vice versa.
FYI...351M,400,429,460=BB BELL HOUSING
255,289,302,351C,351W3006CYL=SMBLK BELL HOUSING
360,390,427=fe BELLHOUSING.
i left some engine sizes out,but that's the gist of it.
 
you'll need a transmission.the bell housings are differant.I belive that summit or jegs carries an adapter plate to use bb ford with sm blk ford,and vice versa.
FYI...351M,400,429,460=BB BELL HOUSING
255,289,302,351C,351W3006CYL=SMBLK BELL HOUSING
360,390,427=fe BELLHOUSING.
i left some engine sizes out,but that's the gist of it.
so the adapter plate bolts to my smallblock to accept the big block transmission ok thanks alot
 
yup,and some may require a additional shim for the tq convertor.ask if anything is recommended for application.
good luck.might be cheaper to get another trans I 'm sure of price.
and the c-4 is all aluminum with removable bell housing,c-6 is big,tuff,damn good trans.aluminum non removable bell housing,FMX has aluminum removable bell housing but center section is cast,the aluminuim tailshaft housing.decent trans but no aftermarket parts to speak of.get a trans cooler.I used a a/c condensor and mounted it under the bed with an electric fan on it.trans never ever gets hot.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top