4 Wheel Drive Not Working

  • Thread starter Thread starter andydic
  • Start date Start date
A

andydic

Guest
I have a 95 with automatic locking hubs. I was out mudding yesterday and climbing some hills. I engaged the 4 wheel drive and put it in 4 low. I started up a small hill and my rear tires started spinning and was gettting no pull from the front. A friend of mine got out and could see the front drive shaft spinning, but my tires weren't. There is no reason why I shouldn't of made it up the incline if my 4 wheel drive was engaged. I'm not sure if the hubs are broke or what. I'm annoyed becasue I just bought this 2 weeks ago.
 
The same thing happened to me this spring is some deep snow. I blew my right front hub. I replaced them with Warn manual lockers, they are great! The lock in easy, and you will never have to wonder again if you are in 2wd. I got them from JBG for around 130. You'll need the Warn Premium conversion kit.
 
Everything you need partwise is in the kit from JBG. I had my mechanic do it, I really wanted it done the next day so I could go out on the ice.
 
I am ready to change out the hubs, now I juust need some guidnce. I have the autos with the 3 torx screws. I have the hubs abd the conversion kit. The instyructions I got suck ass.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top